Wednesday 28 December 2011

Values...

When I started to think about doing this project, I sat in a cafe with one of my friends. He is a committed vegan, and I am a happy meat eater. We discussed for a long time about what influences a decision regarding a consumer purchase and decided it came down to a set of values, such as

· Environmental impact

· Financial cost

· Comfort/wellbeing/health

· Global impact

· Ethical impact

· Independently owned

· Locality

· Hassle/ease

· Quality

And the key to this is working out where your priorities lie. For some purchases, the ethical impact of your purchase might be key. For others, it might be far more about sourcing something locally, or investing in a quality item. Everyone will weight these values differently and so the choices we all make will be different. So I may well refer to this list as I go through the list (and even expand and add to the list)...

No comments:

Post a Comment